We are looking for a reliable Facilities Maintenance Manager to oversee all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the Highlands County Fair Association’s (“HCFA”) facilities. You will be the one to ensure that your colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.
A great Facilities Maintenance Manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance processes and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc., and has experience in managing and/or supervising work crews and other hired staff. Although regular work hours are expected, additional time will be required, from time to time, for supervising weekend work crews, and setting up and breaking down for convention center events.
The goal is to ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support the company’s business operations.
Work is performed both in fairground buildings and on related grounds. Work involves heavy lifting, digging, bending and working in adverse weather conditions. The position is impacted by urgent time deadlines to prepare the fairgrounds for major events and uncontrollable interruptions and distractions to meet the public’s needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
$12.00/hr @ 40 hours per week, with raises based on performance and length of employment
90-Day Probationary period, after which benefits include $150/mo towards health insurance and $50/mo towards personal cell phone usage.
- Works with the available resources and oversees projects, purchases, preventative maintenance and work orders
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of equipment and machinery
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient parts and supply inventory.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Perform grounds maintenance as required (mowing, weeding, planting, mulching etc.)
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (work crews, custodians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time
- Must have leadership skills, and be able to work well with other employees
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time well
- Proven experience as maintenance manager or other managerial role
- Experience in planning and implementing maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BS/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License with a clean record and valid insurance
- Must agree to random drug and alcohol screening and testing
Highlands County Fair Board of Directors, under the direction of the Fair Board President