The 2021 Highlands County Junior Livestock Shows are underway! You may come to the shows at the Highlands County Livestock Arena or you can watch the shows live by visiting the Highlands County Junior Livestock YouTube Channel.
Combined Live/Online Auction
To provide options due to COVID precautions, we have contracted with Cattle In Motion LLC to provide an online bidding option in addition to the live auction. All animals will sell by the head not by the pound.
To bid on and buy an animal in the 2021 Highlands County Junior Livestock Auction you have two options:
1. Live Auction: Attend the Live Auction, just as you always have, at the Highlands County Fairgrounds Livestock Arena on Thursday, February 18, 2021. Come and enjoy a great steak dinner sponsored by the Highlands County Cattlemen’s Organization, Highlands County CattleWomen Association and 4-H Foundation beginning at 5 PM. Pick up your buyer’s registration packet and dinner tickets at the Buyer’s Table. The Live Auction begins at 6 PM. We plan to block off an even larger seating area just for Buyer’s to provide more space. If you have not already preregistered, please allow additional time to register before the auction begins.
2. Online Auction: To participate in the auction online, register with Cattle In Motion LLC at the following link:
Your registration for online bidding must be complete at least 24 hours prior to the start of the auction (by 6 PM Wednesday, February 17th).
After the sale, those who bought an animal will be contacted on options for resale, to process the meat, or to pick up (heifer/goat).
If you are participating in the online auction and wish to also be invoiced for any Add-Ons you would like to give to an exhibitor, please let us know by completing the “add-on” form and emailing it to email@example.com. Add-Ons will not be processed through Cattle In Motion LLC.
When you buy an animal through either the live or online auction you will have the following options:
MARKET STEERS OR MARKET SWINE SALES:
- You may bid and “resale”: In this case, the meat is resold to a processor and you pay the difference between your bid and the market price bid by the processor. Example: You bid $750 per head on a 250 lb. hog and the processor bid is $0.45 per pound. (The actual resale bid total will be calculated on the Sale Order for each animal.)
- $750.00 = your bid total before resale
- $0.45 x 250 = $112.50 Resale credit paid by Processor for the animal
- Your Bid – Processor Resale Credit = $637.50 your total amount due
- You may bid and keep the animal: In this case, using the prices in the example above you would pay the entire bid price of $750.00. After the sale, you will designate how you want your meat cut & wrapped. Details of the cut & wrap processing fees will be provided. You will be notified of the delivery date to pick up your meat. Your total amount due would be the bid price of $750 plus the cut & wrap fees, which will be owed to the processor at a later date.
COMMERCIAL HEIFER OR MEAT GOAT SALES:
- You may bid and “resale”: In this case, the heifer/goat is resold to a predetermined buyer and you pay the difference between your bid and the resale bid by the local ranch. Example: You bid $2000 per head on a heifer and the resale bid is $700/hd. (The actual resale bid total will be calculated on the Sale Order for each animal.)
- $2000.00 = your bid total before resale
- $700.00 Resale credit
- Your Bid – Resale Credit = $1300.00 your total amount due
- You may bid and keep the animal: In this case, using the prices in the example above you would pay the entire bid price of $2000.00.
- Heifers/Meat Goats will be released to the buyer on Friday, February 19th from 11:30 – 12:30 PM. You would pick up the heifer/goat from the Livestock Barn at your own expense during this time.
- If you purchased a meat goat and would like the meat processed: After the sale, you will designate how you want your meat cut & wrapped. Details of the cut & wrap fees will be provided. You will be notified of the delivery date to pick up your meat. Your total amount due would be the bid price plus the cut & wrap fees, which will be owed to the processor at a later date.
Thank you for your interest and your support of the youth participating in the 2021 Highlands County Junior Livestock Show! We appreciate you!!